Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Quilpie




Today I had an early start, I think Bazza was giving me a hint when I was given my breakfast in bed at 6am ! So after packing up we were on the road by 8.20am, arriving here at Quilpie by 11am. The road from Charleville to Quilpie was excellent, very even not bumpy, plenty of width, and not very much traffic. There was plenty of road kill along the way and cattle grazing on the side of the road, so kept our eyes out for any kangaroo or skittish cattle. Quilpie has quiet a number of Opal shops and a very nice Museum and Visitor Info Centre. Tomorrow before we leave we are going to view the opal alter at St Finnbar's church.
We are camped out at Lake Houdraman which is only about 6klm out of town, a lovely spot plenty of free campsite's on the edge of the Lake with lots of bird life to watch and listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment